|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
Nov 27 2014 - National XC Champs Vancouver 2014
Nov 12 2014 - SJTC Walter Ellis Award Winners 2014
Nov 10 2014 - CIS Cross Country
The Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) Cross Country Championships took place this past Saturday in Saint John's, Newfoundland. Memorial University hosted a fantastic meet and despite the hectic weather, New Brunswick athletes placed very well. The weather proved to be one of the craziest of all CIS Championships with on and off rain and 110km per hour winds!
Men’s 10km event
- Matt McNeil of Saint John, competing for Dalhousie University, ran an amazing race, well exceeding his ranking coming into the event. McNeil placed 12th with a time of 34:32 and was by far the top Atlantic finisher, with the next Atlantic runner only placing 30th. McNeil was named one of the Second-Team All Canadians.
Women’s 6km event
- Katie Robinson of Saint John, competing for the University of New Brunswick, finished 67th, an improvement on her 69th place at last year's event.
"These results are incredible for our club", said Bill MacMackin. "For Matt to break into the top 12 in one of the strongest races in Canada is absolutely outstanding!" he added.
Full Results can be found here: www.anb.ca/documents/uploads/CIS_XC_2014_Results.pdf
Nov 5 2014 - Atlantic Cross Country
This past Sunday, the Atlantic Cross Country Championships took place in Halifax, Nova Scotia with a large contingent of New Brunswickers competing. Despite very wet conditions, Team New Brunswick performed incredibly well, capturing 11 individual medals! Team NB also won 3 out of the 4 team banners awarded.
SJ area Medalists include:
- Marin Macpherson of Quispamsis won silver in the girls aged 8-9 1000m race, coming in with a time of 4:50.92, just over 4 seconds behind the gold medal winner.
- Kathleen O'Keefe of Saint John won bronze in the midget girl’s 3500m race, coming in with a time of 15:45.45, just over 10 seconds ahead of the fourth place finisher.
- Sisters Emma and Megan Fudge of Saint George took gold and silver, respectively, in the youth girls 3500m race, coming in with times of 14:18.99 and 14:19.61, while the bronze medalist finished almost a whole minute later!
- Brady Graves of Saint John took gold in the youth boy’s 5000m race, finishing with a time of 17:41.14, over 20 seconds ahead of his next closest competitor.
"Excellent results for Team New Brunswick once again, winning all but one team banner, we also had some excellent individual results " said Gabriel LeBlanc, Technical Director of Athletics New Brunswick. "This will wrap up the season for most non-university New Brunswick runners, except for those to compete at the Canadian Cross Country Championships, to be held in Vancouver on November 29th."
Full Results can be found here: www.anb.ca/Results/view-results.php?id=766
• 2017-04-13 - Important Notice about Jason Reindl