|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
Aug 28 2014 - Saint John Exhibition Fall Fair 1 Miler draws almost 250
Champion Spirit Athletes Cheerleaders and Fundy Gymnastics win $1000 prizes
The Saint John Exhibition Association & Saint John Track Club hosted the second annual Fall Fair 1 Mile Run & Walk yesterday at the Exhibition Park Raceway with nearly 250 people of all ages taking part. The event offered an opportunity for each participant a chance to win two $1000 prizes for their sport organization. Participants walked, ran and pushed stroller with the youngest participant being just 8 months old and the oldest aged 72.
The winning groups were Champion Spirit Athletics Cheerleaders and Fundy Gymnastics both of whom brought large groups in hopes of winning the money to help with their sports teams. For them it just might be the easiest fund raiser they complete this year. The two prize of $1000 were donated by the Exhibition Park Association.
The Male winner of the event was Josh Shanks in a time of 5.02.8 and the top women was Corine Fournier in a time of 7.08.8. Top ten finishers for men and women are listed below.
Top 10 Men
Time (1 Mile)
Top 10 Women
Times (1 Mile)
Aug 19 2014 - 23 top 10 finishes for Team New Brunswick at Legion Nationals
Langley, BC- This past weekend, team New Brunswick competed at the 2014 Legion National Championships. The team performed very well and achieved 23 top 10 finishes, 1 provincial record, and 22 personal best. Fos SJTC athletes there were some solid performances.
On the girl’s side:
- Victoria LeBlanc (SJTC) of Saint John was 6th in the U18 Long jump with a jump of 5.23m, and 11th in the 300m Hurdle with a time of 46.70.
On the boy’s side:
- Brady Graves (SJTC) of Saint John ran an incredible 22 second personal best in the U18 3000m to finish 8th in 8:45.60.
- Anthony Cormier (SJTC) of Fredericton was 8th in the U18 Triple Jump with a jump of 13.18m.
“While New Brunswick did not come home with any medals this year, our athletes competed very well. We had an extremely young team so to have so many top 10 finishes is great,” said Gabriel LeBlanc, Technical Director of Athletics New Brunswick. “The level of competition at the National Championships continues to improving every year; our New Brunswick athletes should be proud of their accomplishments.”
Full results can be found here:liveresults.athletics.ca/Live_Results/2014/Legion_National_Youth_Championships/
Aug 6 2014 - Atlantic Track and Field Championships
Aug 4 2014 - Atlantic Track and Field Championships Recap
The Atlantic Track and Field Championships took place this past weekend in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. This was the last scheduled competition in the Maritimes for the outdoor season where SJ Track Club athletes had many personal bests.
On the women's side:
- Victoria LeBlanc of Saint John finished 1st in the youth girl's 100m hurdles with a time of 16.08, 1st in the 300m hurdles with a time of 48.24, and 1st in the long jump with a jump of 4.99m, and 4th in the 200m with a time of 28.07.
On the men's side:
- In the youth boy's 1500m, while Brady Graves was 3rd with a personal best time of 4:08.15. Brady later finished 1st in the 3000m with a time of 9:07.32 .
- Anthony Cormier finished 1st in the youth boy's triple jump with a leap of 12.92m.
- Daniel Brown of Saint John set great times in both of his events. In the 400m, he finished 1st with a personal best of 49.22, and followed that up with another personal best and 1st place finish in the 800m with a time of 1:55.57.
- Jake Hayes of Saint John set a best in the 100m, finishing 2nd in the finals with a time of 11.14. Artabaz Nazari of Saint John finished 1st in the senior category with a time of 11.33, while teammate Mike Whitcomb finished 2nd with a time of 11.71.
- In the men's 200m finals, Jake Hayes 4th with a time of 23.60.
- Caleb Jones of Saint John finished 1st in the men's javelin throw with a distance of 75.50m. This lands just over a meter behind his provincial record, set two weeks ago in Ottawa.
- Ben Fowler of Saint John finished 1st in the junior decathlon with a score of 5357.
`'These are great results from our athletes, for many this ends their season for others this meet was the final preparation for the National Youth championships that will take place in Langley BC'' said Bill MacMcckin, Coach with the SJ Track Club
Full Results can be found here: www.anb.ca/documents/uploads/Atlantic_Outdoor_2014_Results.pdf
• 2017-04-13 - Important Notice about Jason Reindl